Hi everybody! We have 3 more bonding days with Isaac until we figure out what our court date is. We are VERY excited. Right now, I'm kind of tired as well as Kristin. We went out to eat at a restaurant yesterday that is much like Mongolian Barbeque, only it wasn't. When we got there they said they stopped putting out all of the meat and spices and started just cooking one big thing with all meat in it. We ate it although it was overly greasy...worse than fair food. After we ate, we went into the attached arena and rode horses for about 20 minutes...this was so much fun.
When we got back to the apartment, Kristin and I got a ton of things done and then we decided to eat dinner...I ate the left-overs from the Mongolian restaurant. Something didn't agree with me. I have a sinus infection and some chest congestion...I was up sick some of the night last night. I stopped getting sick around 4am and was able to almost get some sleep...I'll tell you what, when you're sick, you want a nice comfy bed with your nice comfy pillows and comforter...needless to say, we don't have that. It's as if we're sleeping on particle board and our pillows are stuffed with dead cats...you know, they weigh about 50 Lb. each and they are so clumpy...probably 3 or 4 cats each. ;-) Between the riding the horses (sore butts), and sleeping on particle board with dead cats, our backs are absolutely killing us...when my (Jon's) back hurts in a specific spot, it really affects my breathing and it actually aids in getting sinus infections...so I have one. Anyway, enough complaining...that is a small price to pay to be able to adopt Isaac.
Pray that my symptoms would go away so that I could have all of my energy for Isaac tomorrow and the rest of this week...mostly pray that I don't need an antibiotic...they don't have them ;-). So, we're getting ready to go sleep it off so hopefully we can feel better tomorrow...PRAISE GOD though that he gave me the energy to go today...I knew He would. At about 4am, I prayed, "God, in Your name, please stop my sickness so that we don't have to add another day to our bonding period and almost instantly I stopped getting sick...pretty cool eh?
Now about the good stuff! Isaac was so cute today and he is starting to teethe more...he already has two front teeth in the bottom gums. He was rolling over and reaching for us today and walking to us (one foot in front of the other)...with our help of course, but he was doing pretty well. He can't stop smiling unless we put him down for too long, and he's discovered the "play balls" in the play room. He tries to eat the balls and then he starts kicking and hitting them. He's so cute. He started to talk more today...he's beginning to be pretty vocal...he's also a BIG tease. He loves to roll away from mommy and daddy so we can roll him back...he grunts the whole time he's turning (He's going to take over the world).
Anyway, we are getting ready to go home and rest...we are also going to down a whole 2-liter of sprite because we're thirsty. Thank you all for your continued prayer and support. We are SOOOO ready to come back to the US. We miss all of the little conveniences that we take for granted in the US...you know, like a mattress with padding and pillows without dead animals living in them. ;-) I'm terrible, I know. It's pretty funny because, pretty much everything here is "good for health". The Kaz people always tell us "yes, it's good for health" you know like riding horses, and eating bread, and onions...there probably is some truth to it, but it's kinda funny because they're so obsessed with health, but their beds are so unhealthy...to our standards...they would probably say their beds are "good for health". ;-) We love them dearly!
We will post again in 2 days!
We love you all, and sorry for the randomness; I'm in a mood because I'm so tired ;-)
Jon and Kristin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment