Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Medical visit

Well, today I'm off to see the doctor so he can fill out my medical form for our homestudy. Everything is progressing rather smoothly, and we are growing more excited everyday. We painted the nursery last week. It's really cute, and I'll try to remember to post some pictures on here tomorrow or Friday. We are definately growing anxious... in the best sense of the word, I suppose. We have our final meeting with our social worker this Saturday, and then it won't be long before we can submit our dossier. The paperchase can be overwhelming at times, but it will be totally worth it. My baby's waiting on me to bring him/her home and I can hardly wait to meet them. I suppose this is like being pregnant, right? Somedays the thought of finally meeting your child totally consumes your very being, and others it subconsciously guides your thoughts and pops up unexpectedly to greet you. ;-) Some of the people I've meet in adoption support groups and such, have called this stage being "paper pregnant". And I have to tell you, I agree with them. God is definately good to us, and I am so excited to continue down this path with Him in the lead. Please keep praying for us. The journey is far from over and we need God's guidance more now that we would have ever considered possible before.
Thanks for reading this post, and God bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristin,
I'm a member of the Yahoo group "Intenational adopt OH" and saw your blog posted there. We live in Dublin and are using Building Blocks to adopt our first child from Gutemala. We're only a few months ahead of you...our dossier was submitted in January. I'd love to talk to you more...you can reach me at kensler@yahoo.com
if you are interested.
Lori Kensler
kensler.blogspot.com